Laser Dentistry | Doylestown PA
What is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is one of dentistry’s latest advances. The Laser delivers energy in the form of light. Depending on the intended result, this energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a “target.”
Precise gum alterations with virtually no bleeding, the soft tissue diode laser is ideally suited for soft tissue management for todays cosmetic dental procedures. This laser is gentler, more predictable compared to traditional surgical devices. Often, the use of this laser in minimum invasive procedures may not require local anesthetics and provide patients with a higher standard of care.
The soft tissue laser provides excellent results for an expanded range of gingival (gum) treatments. Areas of dental care that benefit from this soft tissue technology include:
- Gingivectomy-gum level and shape corrections
- Laser assisted flap surgery
- Periodontal gum related care
- Frenectomy-tongue or lip muscle release
- Hemostasis-bleeding control
- Pediatric care
- Apthous Ulcer treatment (canker sore)
- Root Canal and apicoectomies
- Crown lengthening, gingivectomy and other gum corrections