Dental Office Infection Control Doylestown PA
COVID-19 Health and Safety
Safety has always been our Top Priority.
Our practice maintains the highest standard of infection-control protocols using the latest OSHA guidelines as well as the recommendations of the American Dental Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have made several exceptional additions to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Staff PPE additions: disposable gowns and head covering; N95 masks; full face shield, etc.
- Doorway barrier “curtains” to prevent hallway contamination
- Each treatment room has been isolated to ensure all particulates within the space are filtered through HEPA purifying system.
- UV-C light disinfection in addition to disinfection wipes and autoclave sterilization.
- HEPA air purification units in ALL treatment rooms
- OctoDent “Suctioning Device” to Reduce Dental Aerosols (Airborne Particles with Continuous Suction) in ALL treatment rooms
- An extra-oral dental suction system is positioned outside the patient’s mouth and removes a high volume of droplets and aerosols produced during treatment.
- More information: www.octodent.com
We always maintain strict protocols for the cleaning and disinfection of all treatment rooms. In addition, I have increased the frequency of disinfection-measures in my public spaces and common “touchpoints” (doorknobs, counters, restrooms, etc.).
Social Distancing Practices
- Call upon arrival; staff will come to get you (from your vehicle) when ready for treatment to keep waiting room clear
- Removal of complementary products in the waiting room such as magazines and coffee station
- Installation of plexiglass at the reception area
Upon arrival, you will complete a (verbal) COVID-19 health screening AND have your temperature taken. It is recommended that you take your temperature prior to your appointment. If you have a temperature 100.4, or ANY flu-like symptoms, we ask you to stay home.
I understand your decision to visit me is a personal one. Should you have any questions or concerns about your dental appointment, please do not hesitate to call the office at Michael A. Mendlowski, DDS., MAGD., PC. Phone Number 215-345-8030.
Together We Can Help Stop the Spread and Stay Healthy.
Dr. Michael Mendlowski, DDS, MAGD
Dental Infection Control MeasuresInfection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Mendlowski and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Mendlowski and our entire team follow strict procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of counter-tops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat, and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.